Embroidery Workshop – Creative Floral Basics
Please note: This event was originally scheduled for Saturday 27 November. It will now go ahead on Saturday 26 March 2022 (restrictions allowing) and ticket holders have been contacted directly.
Join contemporary embroidery artist Fleur Woods to create your own mini floral embroidery. Enjoy a day in the Members lounge surrounded by beautiful blooms and immersed in creativity as Fleur shares her favourite supplies, tips & techniques. You will be supported to create your own design and set your creativity free.
All materials for the workshop are supplied, sourced, and shared by Fleur. Her favourite tools, including a beechwood hoop, needles, fabric, and threads are carefully selected from her studio. There will be a generous supply – plenty to take home in a carry bag (provided) and continue stitching should you wish.
Fleur Woods is a contemporary embroidery artist, with a background in painting. For her, each stitch is a kind of lyrical mark-making that results in a stitched painting celebrating a diversity of colour, texture and fibre. She makes original and commissioned works which are collected around the globe. She also teaches workshops, hosts an active Zoom stitch club and offers DIY stitch kits. At home in the bucolic Upper Moutere, Fleur is mum to two children Lily and Saffron, cats, Peaches and Jess and a dog called George. In her spare time, she’s treasure-hunting in local op-shops, picking up fresh produce from the plethora of local artisans or wandering through the dahlias at Garden House.
Learn more about Fleur on her website, follow her on Instagram. Read this interview with Homestyle magazine or watch this stream with Fibre Arts Take Two.
Need to know:
- Coffee, tea and refreshments provided. This workshop includes a half-hour meal break. Lunch is included in your ticket price and all dietary requirements will be catered to.
- The non-Members price includes a one-year Membership, which will be available to pick up on the day of the workshop.
- If you are a Gallery Member with a valid guest pass, you can bring a friend for the Members price.
- This workshop suits any experience level.
- This workshop has a minimum attendance requirement which, if not met, may cause it to be cancelled. If this is the case, those registered will be fully reimbursed.
- This event might be postponed or cancelled due to a change in Covid-19 Alert Levels and restrictions. Ticket holders will be contacted directly and are entitled to a full refund.
This event will proceed at Red with:
- Facemasks mandatory
- Scan in using the COVID app
- Vaccination passports mandatory
- See our website for full terms and conditions of entry.
If you are unable to attend this event because you are in self-isolation (because you have tested positive for Covid-19 or you have been identified as a close contact) you are entitled to a full refund.
All images courtesy of Fleur Woods.
This event is part of our membership programme. Gallery Members enjoy exclusive benefits while supporting art and artists.
Not a Member yet? Sign up now, from $50 per year.
Earlybird tickets - book before Thu 5 Aug, limited tickets.
Earlybird Members $310
Earlybird Non-Members $360 (incl. Membership)
Non-Members $380 (incl. Membership)
- Auckland Art Gallery, Members Lounge
- From $310