Please join us for a discussion with the four jury members for the 2018 Walters Prize. This much anticipated discussion has been a core part of the Walters Prize calendar of events since it began. This is our opportunity to hear directly and candidly from the jury who explore their insights into contemporary New Zealand art of the last two years, and ultimately, why they chose the four finalist’s works for The Walters Prize 2018.
- Stephen Cleland, Curator, Adam Art Gallery Te Pātaka Toi
- Allan Smith, freelance curator and Senior Lecturer, Elam School of Fine Arts, University of Auckland
- Lara Strongman, Senior Curator, Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetū
- Megan Tamati-Quennell, Curator Modern & Contemporary Māori and Indigenous Art, Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
- Auditorium, lower ground level