Spend your school holidays at Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki!
We are offering a jam-packed, art-inspired, child-care holiday programme for kids aged 7—12 that will offer day-long sessions Monday to Friday during the school holidays.
Children will explore the Gallery’s current artworks and exhibitions, and participate in creative art-making activities that teach kids to look at art in new ways.
Each day of the programme, there will be a different theme. Monday 28 September focuses on Sculpture. Children will play games, experience a tour of relevant artworks at the gallery, plus sketch, design and create their very own sculpture.
For the full programme days and themes, see below:
Week 1: Monday – Sculpture, Tuesday – Music, Wednesday – Art Conservation, Thursday – Animation, Friday – Animals.
Week 2: Monday – Animals, Tuesday – Animation, Wednesday – Music, Thursday – Art Conservation, Friday – Sculpture.
As part of the programme, kids will also be invited to add to a collaborative cityscape inspired by our current exhibition Civilisation, Photography, Now and the Auckland landscape.
Read below to find out everything you need to know and do before taking part in our holiday programme at the Gallery.
- The full-day programme is from 9am—4pm (pick up is available from 3pm onwards).
- Restricted to 7—12-year-olds.
- Limited to 16 people per day (or 8 people per day at Alert Level 2).
- The price is $80 + booking fees per child per day, or $350 + booking fees per child for 5 days ($70 per day).
- Emergency contact name and phone number for each child must be supplied.
- Name and contact number of the person picking up each child must be supplied.
- Any special requirements, including wheelchair access or allergies, must be supplied.
- Children can BYO lunch or you can add on a lunch option ($20 per day or $80 per week) to your ticket to have lunch supplied from our café.
- If your child has dietary requirements this must be communicated to us in advance when purchasing our lunch option.
- Please bring a warm layer of clothing that is appropriate for outdoor weather as some activities may take place outside the Gallery.
Please note: At Level 2, the programme will go ahead, but with reduced capacity. Those who were later in making their bookings, and may not be accommodated within this reduced capacity, will be refunded. At Level 3, the programme will be cancelled and refunds made.