Registrations have now closed for this event.
This course, presented in collaboration with The University of Auckland Public Programmes, will explore the form and content of Manifesto, a collage of artistic declarations from the past reinterpreted to provoke timeless questions about the gendered, social and political contexts that shape the artist’s role in society.
Presented by Associate Professor Linda Tyler and film and media scholar Dr Misha Kavka.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the contexts from which the manifestos in the film installation arise
- Discuss the elements of architecture both in the films and their installation
- Compare the original impetus for the manifestos with their interpretation and embodiment by the actor Cate Blanchett
Auckland Art Gallery Boardroom, lower ground level
- Auditorium, lower ground level
- Members $120, non-Members $170