Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki are proud to bring you our January School Holiday Paid Programme. Delivered by our inhouse team of artists, this programme will engage your child with a wide variety of art and making themes. They will investigate and create using textures, patterns and colours inspired by our Summer of Quant. This programme is aimed at children aged between 7–12 years old and is intended to be all about experimentation and fun. Our classes run from 9am–3pm, children are to bring their own food and a hat in case we venture outside for lunch. We ask that you please contact us if your child has any special needs. This event will go ahead at Red, Amber and Green with differing capacitys (limit of 8 kids at red, 12 kids at amber, 16 kids at green).
In order to keep your tamariki safe we will be following the guidelines below:
- At Red there will be up to 8 students and 2 tutors per day, at Amber there will be up to 12 students and 2 tutors, at Green it can be up to 16 students and 3 tutors.
- All parents/caregivers/whānau dropping off kids must sign in using the covid tracer app or sign in manually, and be wearing a mask
- Parents/caregivers/whānau coming into the building for drop off or pickup must have a vaccine pass and produce it when asked
- Please keep 1 m distance between other families and staff
- Staff will supervise hand-washing throughout the day
- We will not share food during the programme
- Please do not send your children to the programme if they are unwell – we will not be able to accept them for the day
- Our programme is designed to maintain as much distance between the children as possible – while still facilitating a fun, inclusive programme
- The programme will be run in a space with no other groups
- All surfaces and equipment used will be regularly cleaned throughout the day using approved cleaning products
- While facemasks are not mandatory for children under 12, we strongly encourage the wearing of them in order to keep everyone safe. All our staff will wear facemasks for the duration of the programme
See our website for full terms and conditions of entry.
Uncover a love for pattern, colour and fun with the activities below!
Accessorise – Be inspired by the outrageous and the exciting use of materials in the Mary Quant Exhibition to create your own fun accessories full of colour and texture.
Collars, ties & ruffs – Use a mix of materials to design and make your own collar to tie on. Be inspired by the fun collars seen in the Mary Quant Exhibition and the colourful ruffs of the clowns in Ugo Rondinone’s installation. Explore different ways to embellish and add personality to your creation.
Design your own fashion range – Using big pieces of brown paper design, colour and create your own fashion range to wear. Become a full sized paper doll.
Pimp a parasol – Add colour to your summer by designing and painting your own summer parasol.
Design and decorate canvas sneakers – Design and create a unique pair of canvas sneakers to wear this summer through exploring stitching, painting and gluing.
Mon 10 January - Accessorise
Tues 11 January - Collars, ties & ruffs
Wed 12 January - Design your fashion range
Thurs 13 January - Pimp a parasol
Fri 14 January - Design and decorate canvas sneakers
Mon 17 January - Pimp a parasol
Tues 18 January - Design and decorate canvas sneakers
Wed 19 January - Accessorise
Thurs 20 January - Collars, ties & ruffs
Fri 21 January - Design your fashion range }
• The full-day programme is from 9am–3pm (pick up before 4pm).
• Restricted to 7–12-year-olds.
• The cost is $80 (+booking fees) per child per day; or $350 (+booking fees) per child for five days.
• Emergency contact name and phone number for each child must be supplied.
• Name and contact number of the person picking up each child must be supplied.
• Any special requirements, including wheelchair access or allergies, must be supplied.
• BYO lunch and snacks.
• Please bring sunblock and a warm layer of clothing that is appropriate for outdoor weather, as breaks may take place outside the Gallery.
Week 1 10/01–14/01 and Week 17/01–21/01, 9am–3pm.
- $80 (+booking fees) per child, per day | $350 (+booking fees) per child, 5 days
Whānau drop-ins – New activities each weekend!
— Sat & Sun 11am–3pm, public holidays and every day during school holidays