To support Achievement Standards:
Art History: 2/3.1, 2/3.2, 2/3.3, 2/3.4, 2/3.5, 2/3.6, 2.7
English: 1/2/3.2,2/3.6, 1/2/3.7, 1/2/3.8, 1/2/3.9, 2.10, 1.11
History: 1/2/3.3, 1/2/3.4, 1/2.6
Visual Arts: 1/2/3.1
Structure of the educator-facilitated session:
- Forty-five minute volunteer guide-led tour of exhibitions
- Forty-five minute informal debate lead by a gallery educator: based around an agreed moot point, using the tour and their prior knowledge as a basis.
- Historic artwork is mainly about the artist, whereas contemporary artists think more about the viewer
- Art is relevant to our lives
- Art provides an accurate source of information for documenting history
- Written versus visual: which best conveys ideas and themes?
- Explain the connection between elements of the artworks/visual texts and meanings communicated
- Use evidence to argue and justify a point of view
90 minute session + self-guide time
Cost: $6 per student
Please email email@example.com to discuss your needs, specific exhibitions and debate topics that could work for your class, and support resources we offer to assist you.