Our Foundation Membership programme presents an opportunity to be truly involved in what the Gallery’s motivated and experienced team are achieving. Together through bespoke events and opportunities we watch the Gallery grow in strength and ensure its future for generations to come.
The Foundation is also proud to have the exceptional support of our Foundation Partners, Business World Travel, Aesop, Maison Vauron, Amisfield and Dawsons. The combined generosity of our commercial partners enable us to create customised events for our members, and to gift members exceptional products, services and venues. This is invaluable support for which we are very grateful.
'As Chairman of the Auckland Art Gallery Foundation, I’m proud of what we’ve achieved for the Gallery and am very much looking forward to our future direction, with supporters like yourselves.
The Foundation is a small but dedicated team comprising seven trustees – Alan McChesney, Sue Gardiner, Dayle, Mace, Simon Vodanovich, Glenn Hawkins, Jonty Edgar and myself – and a manager based at the Gallery. We consider ourselves as a ‘start-up’, meaning that we want to develop with your interests in mind and work with you to grow the Foundation and its purpose.
We welcome you to join us on an exciting journey of long-term support for this special and vital Auckland institution'
Chairman, Auckland Art Gallery Foundation.
Whether you are interested in joining and supporting the Foundation as an individual, a family, a trust, a business, or by 'gifting' a Foundation Membership to someone you know who would like to be involved – please don’t hesitate to contact us for a conversation by emailing us. To join us, please fill in the Membership Application Form below. You will find a list of the types of events and other opportunities available to members set out below. To be a member there is an annual fee of $200 to cover the cost of providing benefits.
Foundation membership benefits
- invitations to exhibition opening events
- invitations to behind-the-scenes and curator tours and talks
- access to the Members Lounge
- private viewings of major exhibitions
- advance opportunity to purchase tickets to the Annual Foundation Dinner
- invitation to the Annual Auckland Art Gallery Cocktail Party
- advance opportunity to join Auckland Art Gallery Art Tours led by Director/senior Gallery staff.
- advance opportunity to purchase Foundation-commissioned limited edition artworks
- complimentary tickets to ticketed exhibitions
- 10% discount at the Gallery shop* and café
* Discount not currently available online.
This list is indicative only and may change. The Foundation will work with Auckland Art Gallery each year to design a programme of membership benefits for Foundation members.
Levels of donation
We also invite Foundation members to select a level of ongoing support as Foundation donors. The decision to become a Foundation donor, as well as the level of donation given, is optional. As a Foundation donor, your generosity will be acknowledged in the Auckland Art Gallery Foundation’s annual year in review publication, Art & Ideas, and on the Gallery website.
As a Foundation donor at Ambassador level or above (once you have donated $50,000 or more) your generosity will be acknowledged by your name being listed on the Foundation’s Honours Wall in the Gallery. Ongoing and long-term support is truly appreciated and will be acknowledged by your total donations being considered cumulatively.
- Art Partner: Donation of $5,000 (or commitment to pay within a 4-year period e.g. $1,250 p.a.)
- Donor: Donation of $10,000+ (or commitment to pay within a 4-year period e.g. $2,500 p.a.)
- Creative Fellow: Donation of $20,000+ (or commitment to pay within a 5-year period e.g. $4,000 p.a.)
- Ambassador: Donation of $50,000+ (or commitment to pay within a 10-year period e.g. $5,000 p.a.)
- Governor: Donation of $100,000+ (or commitment to pay within a 10-year period e.g. $10,000 p.a.)
- Chairman’s Circle: Donation of $500,000+
- Life Benefactor: Donation of $1,000,000+
To join Auckland Art Gallery Foundation as a Donor, please complete the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Auckland Art Gallery Foundation
c/- Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
PO Box 5449
Art Partner ($5,000)
David Nicoll and Rosey Eady
Donald and Leigh Melville
Mike and Debbie Whale
Carolynne and Nigel Whiteman
Deborah and Roger Kleyer
Justice Mary Peters
Lynley Stewart and Haydn Staples
David and Jane Thomson
Joanna and Greg Simon
Frances and John Sargent
Michael and Catherine Hapgood
Richard and Elizabeth Ebbett
Simon Vodanovich and Lynn Whitfield
Mark and Lyndy Sainsbury
Michelle and Dean Joiner
Jo and Terry Gould
Creative Fellow ($20,000)
Richard and Angela Seton
Léonie and John Hynds
Jonty and Amber Edgar
Chanelle and Dean Farmer
Georgina and Jolyon Ralston
The Chartwell Trust
Rose and John Dunn
Glenn and Sonja Hawkins
Stephen Eltringham and Gaye Dixon
Mark Schdroski and Edmond Chin
Jan and Trevor Farmer
Chairman’s Circle ($500,000+)
Andrew and Jenny Smith
Sir Christopher and Dayle, Lady Mace MNZM
Life Benefactor ($1,000,000+)
Dame Jenny Gibbs
Dr John Mayo