For the Hammer Museum’s inaugural Made in LA Biennial, Fiona spent two weeks in the lobby generating an additional catalogue to the exhibition. Based on responses from museum visitors and page works created on the photocopier, pages were stacked in piles and cumulated in front of Connor's sculptural installation. Occupying the same space, this replication and relocation of the museum stairs was used during the exhibition as furniture for sitting on.
Following the Biennial, seven complete sets of the publcation were made with the intention of offering them to libraries and archives. Each one of these sets is housed in a custom-made perspex box designed by the artist.
- Fiona Connor
- Lobbies on Wilshire: An Additional Catalogue to Made in L.A., Hammer Museum, 2013
- ink on paper in a perspex box
- 88 x 448 x 295 mm
- Credit line
- Fiona Connor Archive, E H McCormick Research Library, Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki, gift of Fiona Connor, 2017
- Accession no
- Restriction type
- Open Access by Appointment
- Copying restrictions apply