About primary education
Our schools programmes and tours are closely aligned with the New Zealand curriculum and specifically designed with Years 1–8 students in mind. See your students build knowledge, skills and confidence through gallery and studio-based facilitated discussions, hands-on activities and art-making.
To participate in any of our programmes, please scroll to the bottom of this page and fill in our booking form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can also sign up below to our Primary Schools newsletter to stay up to date and hear the latest news from the team.
Differentiated for Levels 1–4
- Develop skills in observing/describing, interpreting (Levels 1–2) and evaluating (Levels 3–4) artworks. (CI)
- Explore different ways artists communicate in artworks (Levels 1–2), and how they respond to different contexts (Levels 3–4). (UC)
- Explore and use art-making conventions and elements through the use of materials and processes (Levels 1–4). (PK)
- Develop visual ideas supported by analysis of their own and other artists' works (Levels 1–4). (DI)
- Share, discuss and debate ideas in response to artworks
- Make connections and inferences whilst exploring artworks
- Seek and provide visual evidence for some of the key ideas that the artwork expresses