Our schools programmes are undergoing some changes during the second half of 2017 which means not all our normal programmes will be on offer.
Please note that the educator-facilitated programmes with artworks on display will not be available. To complement a studio visit, we encourage teachers to self-guide to look at works of art in the gallery spaces related to your themes – and will provide you with resources and suggested artworks for viewing, to assist you in doing so. The cost of participating in programming during this period will be significantly less expensive – $4 per student for our one hour, studio-based programming.
As always, bookings will be essential.
We will be back in action with a broader range of programming at a later point in the year – and will let you know as soon as this happens.
Our schools programmes are specifically designed with Years 1–8 students in mind. See your students build knowledge, skills and confidence through gallery and studio-based facilitated discussions, hands-on activities and manipulation of media.
Differentiated for Levels 1–4
- Develop skills in observing/describing, interpreting (Levels 1–2) and evaluating (Levels 3–4) artworks. (CI)
- Explore different ways artists communicate in artworks (Levels 1–2), and how they respond to different contexts (Levels 3–4). (UC)
- Explore and use art-making conventions and elements through the use of materials and processes (Levels 1–4). (PK)
- Develop visual ideas supported by analysis of their own and other artists' works (Levels 1–4). (DI)
- Share, discuss and debate ideas in response to artworks
- Make connections and inferences whilst exploring artworks
- Seek and provide visual evidence for some of the key ideas that the artwork expresses
To arrange participation in any of our programmes, please email email@example.com along with details of your group, group size and preferred date(s) and time(s) of visit.
Our schools programmes are Learning Experiences Outside The Classroom, supported by the Ministry of Education.
Primary and Secondary Schools framework