About early childhood education
We welcome early childhood education groups to self-guide throughout the Gallery, as we have no facilitated programmes at this stage for this age group.
When visiting as an early childhood education group, we recommend you:
- Visit our Creative Learning Centre, which is a hands-on, interactive learning space designed especially for children
- Explore some of the varied exhibitions in our Gallery spaces and use our Gallery Games to encourage fun, meaningful experiences
- You must book with us first if you have a group of 10 or more students for a self-guided tour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to help organise your trip.
- We have a required adult-to-student ratio, and maximum numbers appropriate for small groups moving through the Gallery. See our Schools Self-Guide Checklist for a Successful Visit for this information and more to prepare you for your visit
- For organised early childhood education groups, our sheltered amphitheatre can be used as an area to feed children if the weather is appropriate. If the weather is poor, see Can I feed my young children in the Gallery? in our FAQ for where you can eat and drink onsite.