About early childhood education
We welcome Early Childhood Education (ECE) groups to book for our educator-led Mini Gallery Explorers programme and/or to self-guide throughout the Gallery.
Mini Gallery Explorers
Our Mini Gallery Explorers programme provides tamariki with the opportunity to enjoy, engage with and creatively respond to art and architecture through lively kōrero, a scavenger hunt and creative activities.
The Mini Gallery Explorers programme includes:
- 45 minutes in the Gallery’s exhibition spaces exploring a range of artworks and the building
- 45 minutes in the Gallery’s Taupuni Mahi Studio making art in relation to the programme theme
- 20-minute kai break in the middle
To book the Mini Gallery Explorers programme and/or a self-guided tour, please scroll down to complete our booking form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Request a Gallery kaiārahi to support learning in te reo Māori and te ao Māori.
To receive news and resource updates from the Schools and Learning team, sign up to our newsletter.
Our free, downloadable Gallery Games encourage fun and meaningful experiences for tamariki while exploring our exhibitions.
- Hunt for objects and architectural details with Gallery Bingo
- Make a postcard featuring your favourite artwork with our Postcard activity
- Express yourself with our fun Drawing games