Become a Member today.
Member benefits and reciprocal rights
As a Member you'll receive the following benefits for an annual membership price of $50 ($40 concession membership). The full list of benefits includes:
- FREE unlimited entry to paid exhibitions
- Exclusive exhibition previews
- Members lounge access
- Invitations to regular talks or behind-the-scenes tours
- Regular email newsletters
- $12.50 movie and $15.50 3D tickets1 at Rialto Cinemas Newmarket including Friday and Saturday nights
- 50% discount off Reading Room: A Journal of Art and Culture
- 10% discount off food and beverage at our Mojo café
- 10% discount at our shop 2
- 10% discount off venue hire at the Gallery
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Australian National Maritime Museum and a 10% discount in their gift shop upon presentation of your valid membership card and a form of ID (driver's licence, passport, credit card etc.)
- Excludes Beyond Film, alternate content, film festivals, special events and screenings. Discount cannot be claimed for online ticket purchases.
- Excludes sales and promotions. Discount not currently available online.
Add a guest
Our membership programme is for individual Members only. If you’d like to bring others to any of our many events or previews, add a $15 guest pass (limited to three) when signing up online or purchase at the Gallery. Guest passes are valid in conjunction with your annual membership. A guest pass is not a separate card but will be loaded onto your existing membership.
Give a gift membership
Auckland Art Gallery membership is the perfect gift for any occasion. A gift membership means someone you care about can enjoy exclusive access to the Gallery.
Our terms and conditions
- Membership subscription fees are non-refundable
- Membership is non-transferable
- Membership is valid for one year from date of purchase
- Guests can only visit accompanied by a current paid member, who holds a valid guest pass.
Keen to support Auckland Art Gallery even more? An additional tax-deductible donation provides much appreciated extra funds to support our conservation work, programming, publications and education programmes. Any donation over $5 is tax deductible and a receipt for tax purposes will be posted to you automatically. If you are interested in donating please email or phone +64 9 890 6173.
Your Members pack
You can sign up at any membership desk in the Gallery or online. Memberships purchased at the Gallery are issued on the spot.
If you have purchased your Membership online, once your online application has processed we’ll post out your membership pack which will include your membership card and information on benefits.
Online membership purchases are usually processed within 24 to 48 hours. You will receive an email notification once your Members pack has been posted or is ready for pick up.
Don’t want to wait for the post? You can pick up your membership pack from the Gallery. Just let us know by ticking the relevant box when signing up and we will have your new Members pack ready at our information desk on the Gallery’s ground level.