Auckland's Elam School of Fine Arts was initially set up in 1890 as a free private art school and then in 1950 became part of the tertiary offering of the University of Auckland. In 1978, with the appointment of Philip Dadson to the Sculpture department, Elam responded to the need for a teacher in performance, installation, mixed media and intermedia art. 'Intermedia' became a separate department running its own time-based media programme within Fine Arts in the 90s until more recently when the School became interdisciplinary.
This archive consists of a selection of intermedia resources: videos, made by Elam students and those used for teaching purposes, and textual material that traces the development of the department.
- Elam Intermedia Resources
- Production date
- Credit line
- E H McCormick Research Library, Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki, gift of Ruth Watson on behalf of the Elam School of Fine Arts, 2020
- Accession no
- Copying restrictions apply
- Research Library
- Display status
- Not on display
To find out which artworks are available for print requests and reproduction please enquire here. This service only applies to select artworks in the Gallery's collection.Request a print