Lindauer Art Gallery Visitors Book 1916-1918

Lindauer Art Gallery Visitors Book 1916-1918

Item Detail

This visitors book was made available for signatures and comments in the room within the Auckland Art Gallery where the Partridge Collection of paintings of Māori was shown. The paintings, mostly portraits, had previously been on display in the Lindauer Art Gallery, a dedicated space above Henry Partridge's shop in Queen St, Auckland, up until 1913 when they were moved to the Auckland Art Gallery. In 1915, after a successful public subscription to raise money for the Belgium Refugee Fund, Henry Partridge gifted the collection in its entirety to the people of Auckland by making it part of the permanent collection of the Gallery.

Creator
Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
Title
Lindauer Art Gallery Visitors Book 1916-1918
Date
1916-1918
Medium
hard covered cloth bound book
Size
400 x 280 x 50 mm
Credit line
Auckland Art Gallery Archive, E H McCormick Research Library, Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
Accession no
RC2015/5/5/3
Restriction type
Open Access